I Invite You to Visit My Website

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Flowing Decisions ~

Coping with everyday life can sometimes catch us at a crossroads of decision making. I have to remind myself that I get to choose how I am going to react to the circumstances and people I find myself involved with. It can be difficult to stay focused on the positive, when the people around us are negative, but, we still get to choose how we will react on the inside of our own thinking.
One of the coping skills that I work on is learning to stay in the truth. Denying that it is upsetting does not make it go away. I accept that the person or the circumstance feels crappy; and then, now what? I get to choose what I am going to do with this feeling. I can turn it into negative feedback on myself and feel justified in complaining about the person or the circumstance; this still does not make it go away.
What I can do is: I accept; it is what it is. I then move my thinking to the next stage. I choose not to take it personally and I accept the truth. I can't change people or circumstances but I sure can change how I am going to absorb it. This is where true personal power shows up and gives space for universal energy to work its magic in spite of the negative. Going with flow is like a river moving down stream; just flow and release, loose and let go. As I accept, I let go; and as I let go; I feel the flow of my inner being relaxing and feeling free. My responsive thoughts have chosen to be positive and peace follows.

No comments:

Post a Comment