I Invite You to Visit My Website

Thursday, December 6, 2012

A Brief Synapse of ‘The Four Agreements’


A Brief Synapse of  ‘The Four Agreements’
                       
By: Charlene Hancock

                             The Book Written By:  don Miguel Ruiz


The Four Agreements is based in the Ancient Toltec.

Thou    Thousands of years ago, the Toltec were known throughout southern Mexico as “women and men of knowledge”.
Aant     Anthropologists have spoken of Toltec as a nation or a race but, in fact, the Toltec were scientists and artists who formed a society to explore and conserve the spiritual knowledge and practices of the ancient ones. They came to together as Masters (Naguals) and students at Teotihuacan, the ancient city of the pyramids outside Mexico City known as the place where “Man becomes God”.
            Over the millenia, the Naguals were forced to conceal the ancestral wisdom and maintain its existence in obscurity. European conquest, coupled rampant misuse of personal power by a few of apprentices, made it necessary to shield the knowledge from those who were not prepared to use it wisely or who intentionally misuse it for personal gain.
Fortunately, the esoteric Toltec knowledge was embodied and passed on through generations by different lineages of Naguals. Though it remained veiled in secrecy for hundred of years, ancient prophecies foretold the coming of an age when it would be necessary to return the wisdom to the people. Now, don Miguel Ruiz, a Nagual from the Eagle Knight lineage, has been guided to share with us the powerful teachings of the Toltec.
            Toltec knowledge arises from the same essential unity of truths, and all the sacred esoteric traditions found around the world. Though it is not a religion, it honors all the spiritual masters who have taught on the earth. While it does embrace spirit, it is more accurately described as a way of life distinguished by the ready accessibility of happiness and love. 

(The above is copied from .xiii. in The Four Agreements Book)
 

Having read The Four Agreements, by: don Miguel Ruiz; I experienced a personal insight
and vision that included myself as a teacher, guide and facilitator of these Four Agreements. I anticipate how the universal energies will coinside with me to meet my dream. My goal is to bring this story to the communities. I am confident in my ability to facilitate these Four Agreements for those that are willing and ready. Their teachability should be high, as well as being willing to change their old pattern of thinking.
The workshop booklet is inclusive with facilitation of don Miguel Ruiz and his insights of the Toltec Message. As a Life Transitions Coach, I believe that all written materials that human kind has produced, have these threads of truth (The Four Agreements) indicated in the written material. I also sense the great need for the consciousness of humans to be woken out of its Smokey Mirror. To acquire and come to know more about the Smokey Mirror, one needs to connect with the book: The Four Agreements. When you allow the time to read this book, it will bring awareness to the happiness and love you’ve longed for. It truly guides you to create a way of life. Like one you haven’t lived before.

I am confident in saying that the insights of these Four Agreements awakens the inner knowing, for that is what it has done for me. In the booklet there is a page all about
Being the Observer. Learning to be the observer of my thinking has made me aware of my self-talk. Observing allowed for me to find my true nature. By realizing what it means to not take things personally, I became aware when I was assuming what another was thinking about me. I learned that we are all telepathic to a degree; we may very well know what is being projected in another’s thinking; about what they are thinking and feeling about me. I came to understand that even though I may know what another may be thinking, I still choose how I am going to react to it consciously. Coming to know that we all have our own story and that we all react from our personal experiences and core beliefs, compassion and understanding became my new behavioral reactions to people and situations.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 I feel that in my community there is a shift in awareness. People are becoming aware of what is taking place globally. The Four Agreements are a safe journey, created to simplify the human experience. There are stages in growth from not wanting anything to do with these Four Agreements, which is called “unconscious incompetence’*a human that is not awake and not aware of its unreasoning ego*. Coming into ‘conscious incompetence’, which relies on the human to realize what it has not known and to now take the course of action; and invite the change. The moment the human decides to be teachable and then be willing to change is the pinnacle of ‘conscious compentence’. Once the Four Agreements is learned, studied and understood, it becomes the individual being authentic; meaning, the individual is automatically functioning in society as being ‘unconscious competence’. Which means, once we are doing a thing automatically without thinking about it; therein is the witness of the shift of change and being ‘unconscious competence’. This is based in knowing without a doubt, and simplifying the reality of a spirit, living in the life of a human, and connecting with the process of healing and experiencing the freedom of being happy to be alive.


The Four Agreements came to my attention and got me started on balancing my innate nature. I have given intention to live within these new insights. Becoming active in studying and teaching them procurred for me my new repetitive behaviors. I have come to experience the Four Agreements from the uncounscious conscious level of being. These agreements have become my lifestyle.

In the experience of giving facilitated workshops on this Toltec Message, I have found that it expands to include all and anyone who is open to receiving the message herein.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
Charlene Hancock
Life Transitions Coach
Coach Training Alliance

No comments:

Post a Comment